Friday, February 25, 2011

No where near Perfect

I'm no where near perfect
I've totally missed that road
and gone off track
and if i care enough
to ask someone
anyone how to get
there
how to get to perfect
how to get to right
I've thrown away the map
I'm not ready to reach there
yet
the road trip is exciting
my music is loud
why rush to my destination
if the ride is so much fun?
My thoughts are complicated
my flaws are evident
I love to soak in
each moment
and not count the time spent

my wrong turns lead me
places
mistakes make up this man
fault is fancy
if you own it
and in it take pride
why would i wanna get there?
When I'm enjoying the ride?

Drifting in my sins
letting them drive me
what good is perfection?
when my impairments guide me?
They like me just as I am
Just like this,
I'm me without comparison
I'm me without excuse
and being just like this
feels right
coz as I am
I am just wrong
in the perfect way

I don't regret never
knowing the feeling
of always being right
always fitting in
always first place
first place in everything
I'll never find the way
even if I look
so why bother?
Put the radio on
and stir my way through
life
I'm no where near perfect
so i might as well enjoy the ride

No comments:

Post a Comment