Friday, February 25, 2011

Evidence of Me

There I hide
In the shadows of your mind,
In the dungeons of your soul,
In the forests of your heart
I used to be ubiquitous
Little strands of my hair
Lay once on your clothes,
The smell of me
Was once one of yours
You could find me anywhere
Without the need to search
I was imprinted in your life
Tangled in your mind
Everywhere
Everywhere was a piece of me
My toothbrush stood by yours
My hairbrush near the mirror
My clothes now packed away in your past
Used to lay all around your apartment

I didn’t die
I disappeared
I closed my eyes and didn’t exist
I turn away and off went the bliss
When love goes wrong
That is the end
Then two part
Each holding the other’s heart
That’s what occurred
To you and I
A sigh turned to a cry
Then sadly a goodbye
Now we’re each a distant memory
And where is all the evidence of me?

No comments:

Post a Comment